THE SPRING 2019 CLASS SEMESTER BEGINS: March 25, 2019
General Winter Enrollment: February 18 - March 16, 2019
Member Enrollment (Patron + above level memberships): Advanced enrollment begins February 11
Early Enrollment Discount ($10): February 11 - March 2
Late Enrollment ($15 fee): All enrollments after March 16
Class registration may be completed in person with payment by check, cash, or credit card, or by phone with a credit card. Returned checks will incur a $25 fee. Early registration is encouraged; please register by March 2 to receive $10 off the class tuition fee. All enrollments after March 16 will incur a $15 late fee.
Class Schedule Policies
- Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-paid basis; please register early. Completion of the enrollment form and full payment is necessary to finalize enrollment. Please be aware that incomplete information on forms may delay processing and enrollment.
- The FAC reserves the right to cancel a class when there is insufficient enrollment 5 – 7 days prior to the start of the class semester. Registrants will be notified and will receive a full refund.
- The FAC office staff reserves the right to alter the class schedule during a class semester. Students will be notified of any changes in advance.
- In the event of inclement weather, the FAC will be closed, corresponding to the cancellation of University of Oklahoma Norman Campus classes. For up-to-date class cancellations, please visit our Facebook page or website.
- Payment is due at the time of enrollment; the FAC cannot hold a space unless full payment is made.
- All class registrations are processed in the order in which they are received. Phone registrations will be documented and ordered by the time in which they are received. Registrations are finalized when payment is complete.
- Wait lists are available after classes are full and are kept in the order in which enrollments are received. Students will be contacted if space in the class becomes available.
- Finalized class registration indicates the student/guradian's acknowledgement and acceptance of all FAC policies.
- Students aged 14-17 must have written permission from parents and the Executive Director to enroll in teen or adult classes.
- Unless notified otherwise, enrollment indicates that students and/or parents of students grant permission for use of any visual record of students or their artwork for educational or publicity purposes.
Class Cancellation and Transfer Policies
- Cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Enrollment Cancellation” in the subject line. Please allow one month from the date of request for refund to be processed.
- Cancellation requests received at least one week prior to the start of the class semester will be refunded in full less a $20 (adult) or $15 (children) administrative fee per class. Materials fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellations received less than one week prior to the start of the class semester are not eligible for a refund.
- Classes will not be prorated, because FAC instructors are contracted on a per class basis.
- No class or tuition transfers will apply or be offered, should a student cancel less than a week before the start of the class semester.
- Refunds and makeup classes will not be provided due to student illness, planned or unplanned travel, or reasons not the responsibility of the faculty or the FAC.
- The FAC reserves the right to substitute instructors at any time during a semester.
- Outside of tours/open house events, individuals who are not enrolled are not allowed in FAC classrooms except by written permission of the Executive Director. Parents may not join children in the classroom during instruction time, in order to create an atmosphere conducive to creativity.
- The FAC discourages students from bringing food and drink into the facility. Students are expected to clean up after themselves.
- The FAC reserves the right to refuse enrollment or dismiss any student for behavior that is disruptive or unacceptable to the learning environment. In compliance with FAC Bylaws (Code of Conduct 9.6), behavior deemed detrimental to the learning environment may result in suspension from attending FAC programs/classes.
- Instructors will only arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of class to set up the classroom and stay 20 minutes after the end of class to clean up the classroom. Students may only arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class to allow time for the instructor to set up for the class. Students may stay no more than 10 minutes after class ends to finish cleaning up their materials. Students may only be in the classroom when the instructor is present.
- Parents/guardians must arrange for their children to be picked up within ten minutes of the class ending time. If outstanding circumstances prevent prompt pick-up, parents/guardians must call the FAC before the end of the class to inform staff of a reasonable pick-up time of the student.
- Only the parent or legal guardian is authorized to pick up his/her child unless otherwise stated on the enrollment form. Please call the FAC if individuals need to be added to the approved pick-up list.
As a nonprofit organization, the FAC must keep costs low, therefore we cannot make exceptions to our policies.
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for children and adults. Parents and students must complete an application to be considered. Classes must have the minimum enrollment before a scholarship can be awarded. The application deadline for scholarships is 10 days prior to the start of the class semester.
If you would like to sponsor a scholarship for a child, please call the Firehouse. Your small donation can have a great impact for a child in need.
Give the gift of creativity! Purchase a gift certificate to the Firehouse Art Center, the perfect gift for the artist or art lover in your life. FAC gift certificates can be used for all classes, gallery works, gift shop items and memberships. They are available in any denomination. Please visit the FAC or call 405.329.4523 to purchase a gift certificate.